The users of the Netgear wireless routers earlier had to face a lot of difficulties while logging in to their routers for configuration and firmware update purposes. This was primarily due to the fact that the users had to access the router setup through the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1. or 192.168.0.1. The users tend to forget this default IP address and ended up in entering the wrongly spelled IP in the URL bar of the browser.
Therefore, Netgear came up with an effective solution by creating a convenient and easy to use web domain i.e. www.routerlogin.net so that the users can log in to the router easily for the setup and configuration. This web domain is much easy to remember and the error rate is much lower as compared to the default IP address of the router.
Netgear Nighthawk X4S DOCSIS wireless router
Netgear router setup through http://routerlogin.net
Follow the complete step by step guide of configuring your Netgear router through routerlogin.net
- Unbox the Netgear router box, and assemble all the components included in the packaging box.
- Connect the modem to the Internet port (WAN) of the router through an Ethernet cable and similarly connect the computer system to any of the LAN port of your router with another Ethernet port.
- Now, switch on the power supply of the router and you have to wait for a few seconds until the lights on the front panel turn stable from blinking.
- Open your latest and updated browser and enter the web address www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of the browser and enter.
- The consecutive page will ask for a username and password for which the default values are “admin” and “password”.
- Be cautious while entering these values as these are case sensitive.
- Now, opt for the Internet and WAN tab to select a proper connection type. You have to select the PPPoE connection type for successful internet service over the network.
- Follow rest of the instructions on your system screen for the successful configuration of the router.
- Click save and apply changes, then click the reboot now button at the end. When the router gets a reboot at the end, all the new configuration details and changes will be saved in the router network memory.
Remember- Remember that whenever the router is rebooting at the end, make sure that reboot at the end isn’t interrupted at any cost because if the router reboot is interrupted, you might have to face the network or internet malfunctioning due to the firmware issues.
What to do if I am not able to log in to the router through routerlogin.net?
Well, this issue isn’t so frequent nor it can occur just anytime. This is a rare problem and it can happen due to any of the following below mentioned reasons.
Problem with the browser (outdated version)
Issues with your internet connection like low speed etc. can cause this problem.
Use high-speed internet connections.
Check the DHCP and IPv4 or IPv6 settings on your computer system.
Is there any other way of accessing the router configuration page other than routerlogin.net?
Yes, you can access your router configuration window by entering in the default IP address of the router i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
Where can I find the default IP address of the router?
You may have your default IP address printed on the label stick under the body of the router. You can get several other details like the MAC, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi address of the router. It is recommended that you should keep this IP address noted down on your notepad or somewhere else safely. The details printed on the label of the router can get faded easily with time.