FAQ RELATED TO ROUTER LOGIN
- What to do when the router does not allow settings in the web interface?
To configure any modern home Wi-Fi-router you need to go to its web interface by IP-address – as a rule, it is 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.10.1. That is, enter this address in the address bar of the browser, for example: http://192.168.1.1 after that an authorization request should appear. You need to enter a login and password to access the web interface of the router. The standard login for 99% of the routers is admin, and the root login is less common. The default password is usually admin, 1234, or password.
- By 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 the router is not available; the authorization request does not appear. What to do?
In the browser, the error is that the page was not found. We check which IP-address the router has by default. To do this, you need to turn the device over and read its IP address on the label.
Then it is necessary to check which IP-address is registered on the network card of the computer.
To do this, you need to go to Network Connections. To do this, press the key combination Win + R and write the command ncpa.cpl to the Open line and click OK. In the opened window, find the required connection and click on it with the right mouse button. In the context menu, select Status, then click the Details button in the Local Area Connection Status window that appears.
- By 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 the router is available, but swears at incorrect input of the login and password. What does it mean?
This variant of the development of events occurs as a rule when the subscriber’s router was not setting up himself, but doing it by an extraneous person – an ISP specialist, a friend, a neighbor, etc. He changed the password from the standard one to any one of his own.
And now you have 2 possible options for action:
- Option 1. Look for someone who originally set up the router and learn the password from him.
- Option 2. Reset the factory settings with the Reset button and configure the router from scratch.
- The computer does not see the router. Why cannot I see a Wi-Fi?
The reasons why Wi-Fi does not work on a laptop can be different. Perhaps you recently installed a new operating system, bought a new router or resynchronized the old one and the rest.
- Let’s start with the simplest – restart the router. To do this, you need to unplug the power supply, wait for 10 seconds and turn it back on. Then reboot the operating system.
- Make network diagnostics. Although many are quite skeptical about this advice, but sometimes it can help, too. Right-click the wireless network icon in the tray and select “Diagnose problems”. Windows perform the test, and if there is a problem, it will suggest ways to solve it.
- If after that, the laptop still does not see Wi-Fi, check if the wireless adapter has Wi-Fi enabled on the laptop.
- Do I need to disconnect the Wi-Fi router for the night?
The topic is really interesting. Moreover, some users do not think about it at all – turned it on and forgot, but the other ones turn off the router almost every time they finish working on the Internet. The main two reasons why they do this are the power consumption of the router and the impact of the wireless network on the human body is that it has bad effect and it will cost you huge electricity bill too.
- How much electricity is consumed by the router?
The power consumption of a conventional modem or router with a Wi-Fi-module is small, like an LED or energy-saving light bulb – somewhere around 5-10 W, that is, about 0.005-0.01 kW per hour. If it will work all 24 hours within a month, it will turn out 3.5-7 kW per month which will charge you a big amount. So, it’s better to turn off your router when it is no more needed.
- How could I get wireless access to the network?
Wireless access to the network is provided in two ways: through a Wi-Fi router or through a Wi-Fi adapter). We are not here to consider a Wi-Fi connection through a router, since the router is not an independent network device, but only distributes the network services of the cable provider. Here we will deal with Wi-Fi modems, and more precisely – with drivers for these devices for laptops. A stationary computer can also have a built-in or external Wi-Fi adapter, for example: a PCI adapter directly on the motherboard or an external USB modem.
- How could I perform the connection of my newly purchased Netgear N300 Router?
- You will not be able to configure the router until you connect it. It is quite easy to do this. First of all, you will need to provide power to your router. You can do this with the power supply included in the kit, which you will need to connect to the modem, and then insert it into the socket.
- Next, the router must be connected to the Internet. We already assume that you have a contract with the provider, which means that an Internet cable has been installed in the house. It is this cable that must be connected to the router (from the back of the case) into the socket, which is usually highlighted in color or marked with the word “WAN” or “Internet”.
- And, finally, it remains to connect the router to the computer, on which we will configure the device. To do this, a special cable must go to your modem kit, one end of which is connected to any free LAN socket, and the other, respectively, connects to the computer.
- Actually, on this connection the router can be considered complete.
- Do I need to enter a username and password when connecting to the Internet?
- Check the box next to “Yes”;
- Encapsulation – “PPPoE”;
- Log into the system – it specifies the login provided by your provider (usually prescribed in the contract);
- The password is a security key, which is also prescribed in the agreement concluded with the provider;
- Connection mode – “Always connected”;
- Internet IP address – “Get automatically from the provider”;
- The IP address of the DNS server is “Obtain automatically from the provider”;
- The MAC address of the router is “Use the default address”;
- Click the “Apply” button to save the changes.
- Please help me in configuring the Netgear WGR612 v9 Router?
We will configure the Netgear WGR614 router through the web interface, which allows fine tuning of all parameters of our Wi-Fi router.
- To enter the web interface, go to http://192.168.1.1 (this address is the default Netgear WGR614 router) in any browser of the computer. You will see the authorization page on your computer screen.
- To enter the WGR614 web interface, you will need to enter your User Name and Password, and then click on Send.
- The default username is admin, the password is password. After successful authorization, you will see the dialog box
- You have got to the web-interface of the router, where he first of all proposes to perform automatic configuration of himself.
- Therefore, choose the answer No . I want to configure the router myself (a) and click on the Next button.
- Next, you will see the status menu of the router
- Here you can see general information about the operation of the main interfaces of the router: LAN, WAN (Internet Port) and wireless – Wi-Fi interface. In addition, the firmware version field displays information about the firmware version of your router.